Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Post without Pics

I just realized I have not posted in a bit. I am not sure where Marianne is right now, so staying up till she gets in. Might as well post! Since I have not had the time otherwise.

Well, we might as well start with my grandmother's flower gardens. They are gorgeous. The other day a women stopped under the guise of buying eggs so that she could walk the yard for a while. My grandmother was very very happy about the flower beds; then I back the ass of my one ton right through one and partially excavated a rhododendron...I forgot my white shirt for work, and being in a rush I put the truck into reverse and sped down the street. Not being terribly proficient backing up, I neglected to cut the wheel back after turning into the drive. Long story short- I felt myself slide off the driveway into the garden, so I tried to pull forward- nothing. Then I decided to just continue backing up and see if I could get out- errr- wrong answer. I stopped and got out- and noticed that I had very nicely parallel parked the one ton onto my grandmothers garden. Grabbed the kid next door to run the truck while I pulled it out with the Deere- anyways I yelled NO NO not go, spun those tires so much smoke was coming off the dirt. We did get the tractor out. Now (guys) here is the very very important part. If you did something wrong (hopefully with good intentions) then go over to Kat at Two Mountain Farm and beg for a quick, beautiful boquet of flowers. Don't skimp- and place them on the kitchen table with a note. Thank you Kat!

Anyways, Gram didn't even notice the 20 foot plowing of her gardens when she pulled in- but the kid next door came running like heck to let her know how it all went...thanks. Anyways, no one was really mad- everyone acted like it was supposed to happen- like they expected me to do it....thanks. =)

In between- honey super is full and capped, CSA shares are getting much better- potatoes, peppers, squash, cucs, beans, garlic, herbs, tomatoes (some) eggs/milk, yogurt did not come through this time- just short on leafy greens.

Picked up two bull calves.
Tired. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment