Tuesday, December 22, 2009

32 Reasons Why I am a Dumbass....

There they are: 32 reasons why I'm a few french fries short of a Happy Meal. I stopped at the Green Crow to see if they had any seasoned cants I could use as a carrying timber. Well, the Crow used to mill 7x9's for railroad ties until the Pennsylvania company stopped taking them. So they had these boys hanging around. The guy gave me a great price so I said I'd be back and take them all. Well, now we are doing a post and beam, which I am psyched about. It will be more difficult because I have not done that yet. So another learning curve. Anyways, the reason for the title of the post. It took me a while to load the truck. They were heavy. I loaded the truck by myself, then found the boss to pay him and he said, "Why didn't you holler. We would have helped you load them." (sigh) I sweated and stink like skunk who has an overly active scent gland. I bathed.

On farm notes: Bred two of gram's pigs. Semen was almost a week old, so I hoped they took. We'll find out. The seed catalogs have come in, but I have yet to open them. Garden is going to be nearly all PVO this year. Enjoyed the Solstice at Kearsarge-Gore Farm. Enjoyable to spend a night leaning back with friends on an annual note. Getting goose tomorrow from Fall Dog Farm. Last bird I need to process for the year. Been riding Kristin. Yoked up the steers the other day in the barn. They are unbelievably tame.

Nothing in the future. Get the walls up for the house. I will draw out a framing layout tonight for the beams/timbers. Check out our mill to see what I have ready, then call Colby's Mill and order what I need. Need to square up those timbers before taking them off the truck. Not lugging twicemore.
Sleepy, going to read before milking cows.

2 comments:

  1. I'm afraid to ask. Who is Kristin, and why are you riding her? LOL. is she one of Ted's horses?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Alicia, Kristin is the oldest mare. Went down back yesterday and cut down a few trees, then halved them. She pulled them all up later into the yard. Work some weight off from both of us!

    ReplyDelete