Saturday, December 19, 2009

Ted and Zac

I walked Ted down to the house at the powerline today. It is a 1/3rd of a mile away. He did alright. Slipped and fell in the yard on the ice, but was otherwise fine. He geed and hawed wonderfully. When he saw the neighbors horses he paused quite a bit. I tapped him on his butt a few times to giddup. I didn't get a chance to take Zac out.
Tomorrow I am going to take out on of the calf yokes and play with them quite a bit. Ted and Zac are the two bulls we picked up in August. They way about 550lbs each now. They are friendly, and lead terribly well. Ted can haw, giddup, and back without a lead now. Gee is a problem still. Zac is a little tougher. Leads nicely, but still needs the lead for commands. We have an old tractor tire laying around. I'll see if I can supe that up and use it as a small weight for them when they get going together in the yoke.

No poem for sleep. Will be a dreamless night.

No comments:

Post a Comment