Sunday, January 3, 2010

Don't play football with broken ribs


Lydia just wanted to say hello. She's freshening in 6 weeks.


And this is what I did today. I made two tenons. Not the most impressive turnout for a day. It was cold. I have never mortised and tenoned before. Yes it was inefficient. If you came up to me when I was working (and you didn't!) and asked, "What are you doing?" I'd say: No freakin idea. Do you know what I am doing because I sure don't. In fact I am just making this up as I go and kind of hoping it'll turn out right. Kinda like when the cop pulls you over for speeding, you know you were speeding, but you still give him the deer in headlights look like 'What was I doing? No waaay.' Then you swing an excuse for your hastiness, hand over your license and registration, and then wait as he walks back to his car, and wonder if you'll get a summon or if in fact your B.S. actually worked. Well here, I am waiting to see if this will in the end work. If it doesn't then I will still have something to show for it: cold fingers, cold toes, a cold duodenum, ingested snotcicles, bitterness, a pining to research condos in North Carolina, a surplus of wood chisels from a local junk shop, bitterness...oops said that one already.
Actually should work out alright. Just a cold day.

No comments:

Post a Comment