Friday, January 1, 2010

Thought at 2010

I fell asleep on the couch around 8:30 last night and woke sometime around 2. (as you can see, I am a party animal on New Years) I went outside, disconnected the charger on the Massey, collected the rabbit water bottles and then flopped into bed. It was a lovely night/morning as it was very bright. I like nights without flashlights. I was a bit morose about a decade being over considering that the last decade was nearly half on my life up until now, and most of my life experiences occurred during that period. But I was more saddened with the thought of how many decades I had left. It seems finitely little compared to the course of history the five or so decades I have left, and even more saddening was the simple thought that nearly every goal addressing climate change has target goals for 2040, 2050 or onward; and to be honest with ourselves by then most of us will be deceased or on our way there. And that thought bummed me out a bit; that at best we'll have taken care of today at a very distant twilight.

1 comment:

  1. As I sit here in GA at my daughters, smiling at grandkids and en joying my visit I can truly say to you that the best is yet to come for you. Mother Earth will survive, it is rather if we make it possible for us to survive on it.

    ReplyDelete