Sunday, November 29, 2009

Cat Runs and Subfloor

Sweepy.. and it is only 8. I gotted Marianne to milk and done the choreses that morning so I can goes over immediately and sat up work on the decking for the day.

Joe and I on Saturday did just about half of the decking. I needed to make a dump run, and a grain pickup so we closed up shop early. I did find a wonderful mailbox at the dump, and a cast iron with enamel double bay sink for our future kitchen.

Uncle Joe and Marianne working on the deck. Zac having a quick bite to eat. Yesterday I had a glass of milk for breakfast, and then didn't have anything to eat until 3. I ate down a whole pie on the way to the dump, but by the time I got to the barnstore I had terrible heartburn. So I filled my canteen with water, and drank most of it, but it felt like I was choking on this burning sensation. So, today I took the time to eat in the day.

Basement looking like a basement now. Zac and Joe putting on last board. We're hanging over by 1/4 inch. I'll draw a line and take the skill saw to it tomorrow.

Ahh, Done.
Not bad you guys says Sasha. I approve. Ed across the street came by and gave a thumbs up. I helped him lug something into his basement, and he showed me a furnace he built, and a device he made to make twisted yarn. Turns out he knew my late great uncle. We were talking in the drive, and I heard a farting noise. (It wasn't me or Ed). Sasha, who ate most of my pie that day, was making a pass in Ed's garden. He had the runs and the first time I can ever recall actually being able to hear a cat poop....Ed laughed, said it was good for the roses.

I have been bringing Lydia into the barn. She is freshenning in February. So she is getting into a routine, and I touch her daily so that milking will not be so troublesome to begin with. She did not have a halter on the other day. I grabbed one, and realized that halters do not make sense to me. I kind of become dumb when one is in my hand. Thank goodness Marianne was not a horse person, and saw me fumble with a halter while we were dating. "Well, he is cute and all but you should have seen how he put on a halter. Not for me." They just do not make sense to me. They're like the algorithm to a bra clasp; completely over my head. One hook and a twist- who knew? Would have made high school easier...

Thinking: I saw before I had well finished all suddenly mount and scatter wheeling in great broken rings upon clamorous wings..WBY

2 comments:

  1. OK, Zac . . . you had to have been real tired when you wrote this one . . . wording was off here and there and you repeated yourself . . . must be nice to have that floor on . . . one thing more to check off the list . . . and now onto the next one . . . And what will that be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Zac and Marianne on gettin' that bment capped!!!! woohooo!!!!

    ReplyDelete