Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Two Lives WCW

WCW rubbed his eyes on rocks and stones pushing pen against whatever he had found to make a note that would chime in verse. He'd go teary eyed, crusted over in disguise by smile to deliver a baby always thinking- how many lives- how many lives in a lifetime can you live? He managed two, the best he could do.
I see the old men at dusk sweeping away their doorsteps- that is where we all fall into place at the end- pushing aside everything to light to fall in their places. I'm still living regrets from 3rd grade. Time for the doorstep. Time for the doorstep- to sweep it bare. Before the flood light comes on- yes dear yes dear. I am coming- just one more sweep across here.
How many lives in a lifetime? How many days unrolled from their plastic wrap happenings- Good morning- How are you- Good Good. (All Old Men sweep their doorsteps) When I am forty I will by a new riding mower and level the yard. I will cut you there- and say I got it. I got you. I am master standing in the yard my feet rooting in the 2-3-1 and liming. My feet rooting plant me here till I may sweep the doorstep bare. Grow again and we shall plan badminton and trample in the cuttings.

Someone is coming to move in next the door. (A crying white candle lights the room where)

I see all the old men sweeping their doorsteps. Yes dear, yes dear. Just one more sweep till I shall make it bare. (the moon's fairest woman brushes her hair) That is how you watch; sit there, sit there- never ask what he is sweeping away. You'll find out someday.

Someday before your second lifetime. I am tenured and always loving my doorstep. I pick a broom and find out what I am sweeping. How many live's in a lifetime WCW? I swept the dust that was parts of me before, and sweep and sweep there! they go out the door! Your foe said- I grow old I grow old. That we did and stood saying- "Where did all that time go?" I rub stones. I rub stones- my ankles in the creek so cold.

I want to be dust if you'll the broom- oh the touch like lust (from time to time like a nectarine) Let us do it like the old man- let us sweep now and see if we can find the bottom of our step- and sweep it clean (and we who are dying just to be near her.) We'll sweep it now and let the grass grow. Snip the roots and lets go. I'm sorry, apologies - How's you're morning? Perfect and lovely- we lost the birdy, and dropped the rackets. So lovely, we handed them to the neighbors- and found another game.





(a kind of kiss- she places her mouth to the flame and blows out our faces. El poeta no esta en mi memoria.)

No comments:

Post a Comment