Monday, May 4, 2009

50 Dollars!!!


Picture of Our Ladies on the new farm. Hello Ladies. Looking mighty good there on that grass.

This morning I searched around on the Department of Agriculture website trying to find out how to register our farm name. Silly me did not realize it was through another division of the state government. Silly me did not realize that there was a fee associated with the registration. Fifty dollars!!!

Eek. That is like- a lot of eggs or 4 rabbits- or 2+ weeks of vegetarian CSA shares. I woke Marianne up 15 minutes early to let her know the news. She was more startled that I was waking her up though...The good news is that Sun Hill Farm-which was the winner of the votes- is not taken. (Sunny Hill was a close second, followed by That's a Good Looking Sheep and Ate the Deer that Ate the Lettuce....Farm) There were several inactive accounts with "Family Heirlooms" in the name. We thought that was a unique name and I was surprised to see it had been used previously.

I do like the name Family Heirlooms. Family and Friends are very important to me. Relationships can take so many forms and they are all blessings. I have two wonderful friends at CSC whom I have had dinner with throughout the year on my breaks. I was sad to see them go for the summer, and to not have a season long of conversations, and dinners. Just as we miss the market goers in the summer who delight us with stories and thanks for the produce on Saturdays- or friends from high school which come up once a year to see the farm. I went to Connecticut to get my knees checked out (they cleared whew) and met a friends dad who I hadn't seen in 6 or so years. It was wonderful to see him, and talk the through the evening.

So I would like to make sure everyone knows that they are welcome to come down to the farm-for a stroll or what have you. If we're too busy you'll know, but that will still be alright.
Goodnight-Hope all is well with everyone-
Zac
Zac Plowing up new garden. About half the area will be in cover crop- some in strawberries and the rest for the CSA/Market.

No comments:

Post a Comment