Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Tired With Grrrr

Tired with Grrrr is my super-masculine way of saying there are a couple things irking me. Although I do not think I should dwell on any particulars since: 1. I do not have any masculine/super testosterone driven way of saying "grrr" and 2. I want to keep this a happy blog and 3. I really just need a back rub and a good nights sleep.

I ordered a shallow well pump on Northern Tool and as I clicked the checkout box I noticed it was back ordered for up to a month. Anyways, I can cancel the order tomorrow, but have to call in, which leads me to having to find another pump....

May sound odd but was hoping to have a more "poetic" summer, with some literature tucked away at nights and moments with the farm, and new trees to explore, but at the moment....There has been more driving than I am used to, which is something different for me to become adjusted to. I keep tabs on my driving and thoughts of global warming as they exit my tailpipe. There has just been a lot more of it on my end as we travel between farms, and drive to pick up equipment or materials. Today most of my day was spent driving. I went up to Grantham to pick up a hay conveyor- a coworker sold it to me, and was a very nice piece of equipment to add to the farm. However, the one ton eats up gas, and I like to keep that down. I'd show a picture of the conveyor, but I cannot find the camera.......my fault don't tell Marianne.

Last year I spent most of my summer on the farm with relatively little driving. This year it seems like the driving will be a standard part of every day. I didn't drive for the first three days after I graduated college. I made it an integral part of how the farm worked last year. Unfortunately I still work off the farm- hopefully in the nearish future driving can be reduced and then taken out of my daily life.

I would LOVE!!! to show everyone pictures of the farm, the new temp cold frame, the kittens playing on a hay stack, the baby chicks, but I have NOOOOOO clue where I put Marianne's camera! Eek. It is around, somewhere. =)
Zac

No comments:

Post a Comment