Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Lydia


This is Lydia. My grandfather and I went and looked at her a couple weeks ago. We both wanted her, and he ended up buying her. We brought her home last week. So the secret is out- we have a milk cow again, but.....She is a heifer- She isn't bred yet so we are looking at nine months before we'll have milk again. That is pretty good for me this summer because I think a milk cow would be the straw that broke the Zac's back if he had to milk this season.

I'll keep looking for a cow that will be freshening this Autumn, but at the very least raw milk is on the horizon for us. Plus, isn't she a cutie? (Well she is in the barn, and I took the pic before she had time to do up her hair and makeup, but still isn't she a cutie?)

Have a fun drizzly day!
Zac

No comments:

Post a Comment